'Northern Belle' Train Pack - Era 10
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
West Coast Railways, Class 57 Co-Co, 57601 ‘Windsor Castle’ with Northern Belle Mk2 Coaches, First Open ‘Chatsworth’ and ‘Warwick’ and Corridor Brake First Car ‘Mow Cop’.
The Northern Belle luxury train service commenced in June 2000, the result of an extensive programme of refurbishment undertaken by Venice-Simplon Orient Express featuring a number of ageing ex-BR Mk.2 vehicles. The refurbishment was designed to mimic that of the Pullman coaches that ran in the luxury ‘Belle’ trains, evoking the opulence of luxury rail travel in the 1920s and 1930s. The result was coach interiors that were modified to Pullman standards with new seating, lighting and wood paneling.
The interiors of the seven named dining cars feature hand crafted marquetry that was installed by the firm of A. Dunn and Son. Using techniques and machinery that have essentially remained unchanged since the 18th century, Dunn’s marquetry was used in the great ocean going liners such as Titanic, Lusitania, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, the floors of Buckingham Palace and the original Pullman and Wagons-Lits coaches. Each named car carries marquetry motifs relating to their title, being Alnwick, Belvoir, Glamis, Harlech, Warwick and Duart castles, as well as Chatsworth House.
The inaugural run of the Northern Belle was from York to Grantham, featuring a reception at nearby Belvoir Castle, with the first public run, the ‘Birmingham Lunch Excursion’, taking place on 2 June 2000, running from Birmingham, out to Chester, then returning via Wrexham and Shrewsbury to Birmingham. The Northern Belle was always intended for touring destinations in northern Britain, but not exclusively so, as current destinations include locations and events in London, the south-west and southern Britain.
Traction for the Northern Belle has varied since 2000 when the train was operated by VSOE; it is now owned by Northern Belle (Holdings) Limited and the operator is West Coast Railways and to accompany the train, WCR’s Class 57 57601 ‘Windsor Castle’ has been re-liveried into a matching Northern Belle umber and cream livery.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 10 (2006 - 2017)|
|Entered Service||Early 2000s|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|